February 28, 2011

corbel love

I have the best mother ever.  I have been on a corbel obsession lately.  It started this past summer - end of the flea market season when I purchased these simple corbels for the butcher block in our kitchen.


But they just didn't work.  They were too big and too plain.  

But then my mother tracked down and bought me these babies.






And they are a beautiful matching set.  

Similar problem though - they don't fit the butcher block.  These were not deep enough but that doesn't really bother me.

I have so MANY plans for them.

Bulking up our fireplace with a sick mantle.


Or maybe spicing up our newly squared and expanded doorways.




Can a girl have too many corbels?  I think Flea Market Season of 2011 has a new mission - 

Mission Corbel

among other lingering missions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find what you are looking for this spring/summer. Flea market/rummage sale/garage sale time is coming!!!
I saw your butternut squash ravioli at trader joes! It's in the "deli" type refrigerated section with the cheeses and packaged lunchmeat!

Unknown said...

Yes. I still haven't been to TJ's in a long time. I NEED to go and check it out.

Chandeen @ Designed by Chance said...

I saw some last summer, and didn't buy them, I have been kicking myself ever since. love yours!!

shelley said...

be careful... could there be lead-based paint on things like this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...