November 11, 2010

just a peek

Well I hate to only fill you in on the kitchen but unfortunately my life is consumed with work and the kitchen so assuming you don't want to hear about my day to day life at work here is a quick kitchen update - plus I know you are wondering how we laid the tile.  So not to keep you waiting here is a peek at the unfinished floor.


So we went with the traditional brick.  Thanks for all the input.

I love that it is laid with very small grout lines.  Easier clean up for me given that I have two large dogs.  The grout goes in tomorrow so I am excited to see the finished look.  I anticipate that it will look similar to this though since the grout is darker.

Here is another peek at the small walls we torn out to open up the space and remove the arch.

Now

Before


A side by side always helps.



It still needs some work and the photos aren't that great so you will just have to take my word that it is larger and more open.

Here is another view.



And the side by side again.


So there you go.  It will be my goal to post a non-kitchen entry next.  Only Saturday we are going granite shopping and that is always fun and I will definitely want to share that experience....so we will see.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~Its lookin good Jessica!!! ;) Hugs,Rachel~*~*

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a great before and after...it looks great!
I am a new follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...