July 8, 2012

Baby K: week 28



WELCOME TO THE THIRD (AND FINAL) TRIMESTER!!


Week: 28
Baby K: Baby K is the size of a chinese cabbage weighing about 2 1/4 lbs. and measures 15 inches from head to heels.  She can blink her precious little eyes which are now sporting some eye tiny lashes which she is fluttering in true girly fashion - well at least she is opening and closing her eyes.  She is waking and sleeping at regular intervals and even sucking her little fingers.  The best news though is that while her lungs are still immature she could survive outside the womb with a lot of medical help.  Let's hope she stays in there a bit longer though.
Nausea:  None.
Swelling:  It is starting.  Like clockwork the third trimester has brought swelling in my feet.  
Aches and Pains:  A little bit of back pain at the end of the day.  I really cannot complain about it though.  I am getting really sick of sleeping on my side - my shoulders and hips are constantly aching.  Flipping frequently to switch sides helps a lot. 
Cravings: Everything.  I am always hungry!
Aversions:  None.  I wish at this point there was SOMETHING I didn't want to eat.
Bump: Moving.  I am now able to watch her move around.  The lumps and bumps have arrived.
Looking forward to:  The cribs arrival!  
Missing the most: Running.
Pregnancy milestone:  Painting the nursery and moving some of her furniture in.  The crib arrives this week and then it is full nursery decorating mode.  Cannot wait to get this nursery finished!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That bump is growing. I'm so glad you made it to the last trimester. how exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...