April 5, 2011

flea market season has begun

Just have to remind everyone that the my FIRST EVER LINK PARTY is almost closed.  Come and link up now.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Flea market season has officially begun for me.  It was a bit cold this past Saturday but my sister and I decided to make a quick trip to welcome it in.  We have a great local flea market called the Kane County Flea Market, it really is quite large and fortunately for me - only a 20 minute drive.  Last summer we were there every month.  So I have been anxiously awaiting the warmer weather.  I wasn't really expecting much from the first trip of the season but look at what I walked away with - all for under $10.




I found a great, beat up little bench for $6!  I've been wanting a little one for my kitchen and was pleasantly surprised to find this fat guy.  He is one solid and stubby little bench and I love him.  My only complaint is the strip of wood.  I really didn't want to paint him but I think I may have to.  The strip just bothers me.  Especially after seeing it in pictures.






So what color do I paint it?  I'm thinking of changing out the curtains too.  I think I want to either leave it a blue color or maybe red???

I also bought some pages from an old children's book.


I loved the elephant.  Oh and the lion.  I think they will be so great to frame in a nursery or little boy's room.  So I am going to hold onto them until I or someone I love has need of them.  I liked the monotone color - I think it could be a cool color theme to incorporate.  

Oh, and the photos ran me $4 total so all in all I think it was a fabulous opening day!

I hope it is a good sign of the rest of the season.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

How fun! I don't have a flea market around (at least that I know of) so it's always neat to see what other people can discover.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...