The carpet is installed and we are officially starting to move in the furniture.
The basement still isn't finished but we are starting to move in and enjoy it.
It's amazing how just some lumber, drywall and carpet (and a lot of man power) can transform a space. The paint helped too.
Part of me loves it without any furniture. Just a wide open space for running, playing and having fun.
Ella and Lola sure loved it that way.
Here is our remaining checklist before I will call this project "finished:
- install post and stair railing
- new stairwell light fixture
- finish electrical (all outlets and the last can light)
- finish the trim around the window
- cut, paint and install shelves in nook
- paint and assemble entertainment center
- install kitchen cabinets, shelves and countertop on back wall for office/craft station
move in furniture
Once these things are finished I will post the final before and after photos. Of course, I imagine there will be plenty of finishing touches that won't be in the "after" photos like wall art, pillows, accessories, etc.….I will slowly as time and budget allow add those touches.
But for now I am just going to sit down there and enjoy more space and all the possibilities that brings.