March 24, 2011

Furniture Painting Time - soon

I am so excited.  In the past few weeks I have accumulated 3 amazing pieces of furniture.  For a whopping total of $17.  Yay!  Now the only problem is figuring out how to paint them and make them look amazing. But I am totally up for the challenge.

This hutch came my from my grandparents' home.  She had a lot of collectibles and I loved going through the cupboards as a little girl exploring everything.  I am so glad my mom and aunts let me take her home (oh and that family friends drove it all the way down here from Wisconsin).  Thanks everyone.




I think I am going to paint this piece white or grey or some combo of both.  Oh and the hardware is definitely getting an update.  I am excited to watch this piece transform.



Next I found this side table for $7.  I desperately needed a better side table in our bedroom and this piece seemed to fit the bill.


It's simple and needs a lot of love.  I am going to paint this either navy or grey.  I think the navy would be fun.  Or maybe a dark graphite........I don't know.  Oh and the hardware is going buh-bye.


I love this piece.  I found it at a local used furniture store that is open only on Saturdays.  They had about 15-20 of these old box tv frames.  It is from a local hotel.  They gave it to me for $10.


I had one day of sun and slight warmth to sand this sucker and I didn't waste anytime.


  I am going to leave it natural and add a shelf on the inside.  I am also going to replace the back board.  Oh and maybe even add some curtained swing arms or a rod that allows the fabric to slide.  Just depends.  At first I was going to use this in my craft room but while it was stored in our living room waiting to be finished I used it to fold laundry and it was perfect.  Great solid surface and great storage inside.


So stay tuned.  As soon as it warms up I am going to get busy!





2 comments:

Red Gate Farm said...

Can't wait to see the results! I love the look of painted furniture. By the way, have you checked out the new chalk paint that Miss Mustard Seed (http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/03/dining-room-cabinets-before-after.html) used recently? It looks really cool and she made it sound like it was easy to use!

Good luck and share when you're done!
~Chris

Jessica said...

Chris, thanks for suggesting MIss Mustard Seed - can you believe I have never seen her blog. I love her painted furniture. I am very inspired so thank you bunches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...