August 6, 2014

DIY: the simplest cake banner

I am not a baker and I certainly am not a food stylist but I did find a super easy and fast way to create a cake banner - out of desperation of course.  I waited till the last minute to bake and decorate a cake for a party and then scrambled to find something to make it "cute" (by my standards).

Using twine and post-it flags from the dollar section at Target I constructed a banner in literally 5 minutes.


I wrote my message on the flags first and then folded the flag in half over the twine using the natural sticky back to keep it in place.  I then tied the twine banner to two wood skewers (or straws) to finish it.


So easy!
And it looks cuter in person - cell phone pictures don't do it justice.

2 comments:

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

How cute and creative! I love these little cake buntings and would have NEVER thought to use those little post it tag thingies!
~Chris

Ashley.Renee.Redelman said...

Wow! So simple! I never would have thought of that - you are so creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...