April 7, 2010

Making it livable....

Like I said earlier, we are new at this whole home ownership thing and with that, home renovation.  While I would love to be able to go through each room and give them the full over haul all at once, I can't.  Time and budget just won't allow so in the meantime we are making each room just livable - hopefully in a comfy and cozy way - until that day when we can really take our dreams and turn them into a reality.  That's most of the fun anyway - dreaming, designing, exploring all the possibilities.  For years now I have been keeping an inspiration binder full of beautiful, creative and fun ideas for life...decorating, gardening, crafting and whatever else catches my eye. All the fun is in scouring the magazines and blogs for whatever catches your eye.  Each time I look back through it I am always inspired in new and amazing ways.  I never want to throw any of these pages out because they have become a journal in a strange way.  They tell an ever evolving story of me.  Plus, I would hate to throw away a great idea!

Enough about that....I wanted to share my make-shift bathroom.  The one that I made livable - for now.  Let me first share the before pictures.







I wish there was more creativity and design stories I could share about the after pictures but everything just fell into place.  The sink was gifted to us from good family friends.  She owns a pilates studio here in town and was moving to a new location and couldn't bring this sink with her but hated to leave it.  No worries though - I came in and happily rescued it.  We bought a new toilet - well because we just wanted a new toilet and the wall color - well I just grabbed a random paint chip and bought a quart of it.    It definitely is not one of my colors - I do not do bold but hey it's fun when temporary.  Oh and the mirror, it's from Homegoods, of course.  Have I mentioned that I L-O-V-E, Love Homegoods?  In the meantime this is it....



I think this reno isn't too far away fortunately.  We are planning on ripping out that nasty, old cream tile and replacing it with perhaps this....



or maybe we will go a little more earthy and go this route...




In which case I may need a new sink - ha.  The free one is just a bit modern.  Maybe some white or grey paint would help the base.  I am pretty set on using basic, versatile, white subway tile for the surround shower.  And perhaps I could tone down the aqua to a more muted, relaxing tone - I wish I could show you but I haven't figured that out.  I'm still new at this blog thing.  The next thing that room needs is a window treatment.  Something soft and airy that still lets the light shine through but gives some texture and pattern - haven't found one I like enough yet.  
It is an extremely small space but I would love to re-create the feel from one of these rooms.

I love the soft, simple feel of this space.  




I would die a thousand deaths for a tub like that.  Someday I will have one...someday....
I also love the floor to ceiling shower curtain.  Already ordered my own - that's an easy and cheap way to change up the space.

So I'll keep you updated on the final product - hopefully sooner rather than later.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...