May 23, 2010

Productivity - the results

I mentioned in my last post that we did a LOT of mulching yesterday - 4 yards worth.  I must say though that it was absolutely worth it.  Our yard looks a thousand times better.  I am really excited to keep adding to the layers of our yard too.  This is only the beginning.  I have become very interested in this gardening/landscaping business and have been busy at work laying the foundations for our yard.

Here are some before and after shots of our yard with the mulch.

Before

After

Since that is a terrible after here is a close-up.



As you can see our house and the house across the street have great difficulty growing grass between the sidewalk and street.  I am told it is due to the acidity of the trees there.  It is quite a nuisance.  We have been trying to figure out what to do here.  I was thinking perhaps a cute little path to the road and some ground cover and more hostas.  For now fresh mulch will have to do.

Before

After

Before

After

So as you can see the mulch has helped a lot.  Now the plants just need to grow and fill out!  They are still babies.

While we are doing the before and after thing I might as well update you on the grass.
Quite awhile ago I posted here about our saga trying to grow grass.  Well - mission accomplished!

Before

During

After

So lush!!!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...